Confession: Sometimes I don’t finish a book, and I start a new one.
Which this month I’m not going to do. But Instead of trying to finish what I’ve accumulated this past month, guess what? I’ll start a new book ^_^ #rebel
Here is the list:
- Ray Bradbury “Dandelion Wine”
- Ray Bradbury “Something Wicked This Way Comes”
- Rudyard Kipling “The Jungle Book”
- Paulo Coelho “Aleph”
- J.R.R. Tolkien “The fellowship of the ring”
- J.R.R. Tolkien “The Two Towers”
- J.R.R. Tolkien “The Return of the King”
I actually have read Aleph, but I really enjoyed and loved it and decided that I want to read it this month again. I rarely do this, but some books are worth reading twice 🙂 I don’t know anything about The Lord of the Rings, haven’t watched the movies, probably won’t even watch, I’ll read the books, hopefully they are good and I will love the story. If I hate the first book, I won’t continue reading it. I’m a huge fan of Ray Bradbury, loved Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles, The Illustrated Man.
Few things that I’ll follow this month and might be helpful for you too. 📚
- Read 50pages a day. I’m planning to read 15-20pages after I wake up. And hopefully it will become a good habit. Also it will help me to start my day feeling productive and already smart. I don’t mind waking up early, I have a hard time getting up from my bed. The struggle is real. And also read before sleeping. (Though this one is quite tricky for me, I end up staying up late and reading… This is that typical “one more chapter” scenario”)
- Concentrate on one book (I, at least, feel overwhelmed when I have plenty books to finish, and I end up reading a new book. This is so typical of me. Please tell me I’m not the only crazy one.)
- Take your book everywhere (This is what I’ve learned from my big sister. She always carries with her a book or two. Now you can be sure that I have a book with me at all times. And yes, sometimes even two books. No shame. This is so helpful, especially when you are waiting.)
- Keep my book journal and Goodreads up-to-date. Some days I’m good and some days I’m bad. Life happens. 🖊📖
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.