2018 was a good reading year for me, even though I didn’t manage to read 70 books, which was my initial goal, I managed to read 62 books! I have read more good books than bad books. Technically there aren’t bad books, there are just books that aren’t for certain people. It was pretty hard to choose my Top 10 books out of 62, but I am confident in my picks.
- Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari
Self help books
- The Subtly Art of not giving a fuck by Mark Manson
- Born a crime by Trevor Noah
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- My own Words by Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- I can’t make this up by Kevin Hart
- Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury
- The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Beneath a scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan
- Lying in Wait by Liz Nuget
I loved reading all the biographies and finding more about the amazing people I love, Michelle Obama’s and Ruth Bader GInsburg’s books were one of the best and inspirational. I aspire to be like those women, who worked very hard and achieved their goals regardless of the adversaries.
This year my love towards audiobooks increased, I re-started to colour my art therapy and listening to my music. I just wish Audible was more affordable than it is now. We need audiobooks in our lives.
I also started to use my Kindle way more and appreciate having lots of books in a small device. I always carry a book with me, and sometimes my bag gets way too many because of that! I understood that instead of being a prude and just choosing one traditional way of reading books, I can use all the available resources to read more.
Those are my Top 10 books in 2018.
Until next time bookworms!